B.Com., University of British Columbia, 1981
LL.B, University of British Columbia, 1990
Member of the American Association for Justice
Member of the Canadian Bar Association
Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
Member of the Medical Legal Society of British Columbia
Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Construction Disputes
John M. Richter has 25 years experience as a wills variation act lawyer, family lawyer Vancouver and personal injury lawyer Vancouver. While maintaining an appreciation of law, its history and the breadth of human experience, John applies a practical approach to effectively solving legal issues. Whether a case involves valued, intangible possessions or a monetary claim, John’s priority is to obtain a strong settlement for his client. Some of his legal experience includes acting as:
- Estate litigation lawyer in wills and estates to remove an executrix and pass accounts;
- Family lawyer Vancouver and divorce lawyer for all aspects of family law including child support, spousal support and dividing family assets;
- ICBC lawyer Vancouver for personal injury jury trials;
- Personal injury lawyer Vancouver for medical malpractice, motor vehicle and premises injuries; and
- Wills Variation Act lawyer for contesting a will in BC trials to obtain adequate, just and equitable provision for spouses and children.
He received his Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1981 and Bachelor of Laws in 1990 from the University of British Columbia. He was admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1991. Aside from brief sojourns in Victoria and Halifax, John is a long-time Vancouver resident.
Outside of the office, John is prolific skiier, tennis player, skiing and explorer of British Columbia’s communities by motorcycle, snowmobile and vehicle. Quieter pursuits include the arts, opera and reading, and sometimes a good cigar.